Friday, November 4, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Remember

It's time for another edition of Five Minute Friday! Every friday there is a prompt, and in the words of The Gypsy Mama herself:

"For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not."

This week's prompt is: Remember

Go


Remember the days when court dates didnt loom over your head? When diapers were less a piece of your lifestyle? When sweet baby faces didnt greet you with tiny dimpled cheeks that make you want to melt? Remember the days of nights on the town and no need for babysitters?

Of course you do, it wasnt all that long ago. Memory is such a precious gift. I wish mine was better. I wish I could remember what I had for breakfast 3 days ago, but alas that is not to be. I am the forgetful lady with reminders galore. I am the mom who would forget her own birthday if Facebook didnt remind me.

I wish I was less stressed, I wish I could write down each new word my baby girl says. She is less and less a baby with each passing moment and I feel so helpless, sitting here at my desk at work, waiting for the clock to show 5:30 so I can clear out and go find that piece of myself that hides in her tiny arms. I want to remember, I want to make memories, I want so much more. But I sit here stressing about the upcoming fight with her bio-dad instead of being able to cherish those amazing moments.

I love my sweet baby face, and I cant wait for the whole process to be over so I can stop feeling sick to my stomach about it...




Stop

2 comments:

nicolewian said...

Sorry you're going through so much. Just keep focusing on that baby face.

Coley said...

Love that you are participating in 5 minute Fridays too. (Ok, I'll stop stalking you with comments now.)